How To Register With The BIR
Note: For those with TIN, make sure that the RDO where you are registering your business is the same where your TIN was registered. You can call the BIR contact center 981-8888 or trunkline 981-7000 and verify with them. If you are working and establishing a business in a different RDO, verify with BIR if there's a need to transfer. However, most cases are they will require you to transfer it to where your business is located as you have to file quarterly and annual income tax returns (1701Q/1701).
- Accomplish 3 copies of the following BIR forms and attached the requirements:
- Form 1901 - Application for Registration of Self-Employed & Mixed Income Individuals, Estates, Trusts. Photocopy the following attachments (bring the original just in case they ask for it):
- Any document showing your name, address and birth date
- Mayor's permit
- DTI Certificate
- Form 0605 - Payment Form
- Form 2000 - Documentary Stamp Tax (if applicable e.g. Contract of lease etc.)
- Copy of the document to which the documentary stamp be affixed
- For the books of accounts, check my blog about this.
- Form 1900 for loose-leaf books of accounts
- For the ATP, you can scout for suppliers. Make sure that they are accredited by the BIR. You can check BIR's website. Some printing companies will help you in processing your application. These are the requirements:
- Accomplish BIR Form 1906 with the following requirements:
- Job order
- Final and clear sample of your receipt
- Photocopy of COR
- Photocopy of Form 0605
- Printer's Certificate of Delivery (PCD)
CONGRATS!! You can now start your business.