- Never risk more than 1-2% of your capital on any trade. (Depending on your approach, a modestly higher number might still be reasonable)
- Predetermine your exit point before you get into a trade.
- Analyze what went wrong if you lose a certain amount and wait until you feel confident and have a high probability idea before you begin trading again.
- using both 'Toward' and 'Away From' motivation
- having a goal of full capability plus with anything less being unacceptable
- breaking down potentially overwhelming goals into chunks with satisfaction garnered from the completion of each individual step
- keeping full concentration on the present moment
- being personally involved in achieving goals
- making self-to-self comparisons to measure progress